What’s new and changed for scripting?
After Effects 17.1.1 (May 2020)¶
- Scripting access to Shape Layer Stroke Taper, Stroke Waves, Offset Paths Copies, Offset Path Copy Offset
- Added relevant match names
After Effects 17.0.1 (November 2019)¶
- Scripting access to additional EGP property attributes:
After Effects 16.0 (October 2018)¶
- Scripting access to the expression engine attribute:
- Added: Project.expressionEngine
- Added project method Project.setDefaultImportFolder, which sets the folder that will be shown in the file import dialog.
- Added app property app.disableRendering, which disables rendering via the same mechanism as the Caps Lock key.
After Effects 15.1 (April 2018)¶
- Project.autoFixExpressions() will now fix expression name references in single quotes (ex., (‘Effect Name’)), as well as double quotes.
- Fixes CompItem.exportAsMotionGraphicsTemplate() not returning a boolean as expected
- Buttons in ScriptUI panels have been reverted to the rectangular appearance seen in After Effects 14.1 and previous releases.
- The AVItem.setProxyToNone() scripting method no longer fails with an error message, “After Effects error: AEGP trying to add invalid footage”.
- The System.callSystem() scripting method now waits for all tasks called by the command to complete, instead of failing when the command takes a long time to complete.
- Scripting Access to text leading
- Added: TextDocument.leading
- Scripting Access to Team Projects (Beta)
- Added: Project.newTeamProject()
- Added: Project.openTeamProject()
- Added: Project.shareTeamProject()
- Added: Project.syncTeamProject()
- Added: Project.closeTeamProject()
- Added: Project.convertTeamProjectToProject()
- Added: Project.listTeamProjects()
- Added: Project.isTeamProjectOpen()
- Added: Project.isAnyTeamProjectOpen()
- Added: Project.isTeamProjectEnabled()
- Added: Project.isLoggedInToTeamProject()
- Added: Project.isSyncCommandEnabled()
- Added: Project.isShareCommandEnabled()
- Added: Project.isResolveCommandEnabled()
- Added: Project.resolveConflict()
- Drop-down menus in ScriptUI panels are no longer clipped on HiDPI displays on Windows.
- The appearance of buttons, sliders, disclosure triangles (“twirly arrow”), scroll bar, progress bar, radio buttons, and checkboxes in ScriptUI embedded panels have been updated to match the appearance of After Effects native controls.
- After Effects no longer crashes when the TextDocument.compPointToSource() scripting method is used with a 3D text layer.
- The match name of the Fast Box Blur effect is “ADBE Box Blur2”. The older match name “ADBE Box Blur” will continue to work: when used to add the effect, “ADBE Box Blur” will apply the Fast Box Blur effect, but with the older name “Box Blur”; the Iterations parameter will be set to the new default of 3.
- Scripting Access to Tools
- Added: Project.toolType
- Scripting Access to Composition Markers
- Added: CompItem.markerProperty
- Scripting Access to Queue in AME
- Added: RenderQueue.queueInAME()
- Scripting Access to Available GPU Acceleration Options
- Added: app.availableGPUAccelTypes
- Enable GPU effect rendering via scripting
- Added: Project.gpuAccelType
- New Gaussian Blur effect added w/ matchname
ADBE Gaussian Blur 2
- Scripting access to text baselines
- Added: baselineLocs
- New scripting method to generate random numbers
- Added: generateRandomNumber()
- Using the copyToComp() scripting method no longer causes After Effects to crash when the layer has a parent.
- The valueAtTime() scripting method now waits for time-intensive expressions, like
sampleImage, to finish evaluating before it returns the result.
- ScriptUI panels now display and resize correctly on high-DPI displays on Windows.
- After Effects no longer crashes when you click OK or Cancel buttons in a scriptUI dialog with tabbed panels.
- Scripting improvements for text layers (read-only)
- “Use Legacy UI” toggle implemented
- Scripting access to render settings and output module settings
- Fetch project item by id: Project.itemByID()
- CEP panels implemented
- Access to effect’s internal version string
- Added: Application effects object’s version attribute, see app.effects
- Ability to get and set preview mode
- Added: Viewer.fastPreview
- Access to layer sampling method (see samplingQuality)
- Changed preference and settings methods (see Settings object)
- ScriptUI is now based on the same controls as the main application.